Automatic gates and gate motor repair, service, support and refurbishment
We specialise in automatic gate motor repair and replacement.
Some brands of automatic gates and gate motors on the market are not able to be easily serviced as parts are not available in Australia.
Australian Auto Gates can advise you if your automated gate system is supported with spare parts and able to be serviced.
We can also repair or refurbish your old automatic gates.
Our priority is to ensure your automatic gate is in 100% working order to ensure your property is safe and secure.
Handy hints to help when your automatic gate breaks down
It is always an inconvenience when your Automatic Gate System breaks down. Sometimes the gate will stop due to a power blackout other times it will be due to a problem with the gate or automation system.
- Check your remote control has fresh batteries
- Often your gate system will plug into a weatherproof power point, check the motor lead is properly plugged in and has not been knocked out, also check that power is on at the power point ie; plug a hair dryer into the weather proof power point and see if it operates (weather permitting), if another electrical device does not operate from this power point the problem may not be with your gate system but more likely with the power supply to the gate ie; a blown fuse
- Inspect the gate for any physical damage ie; if it is a sliding gate and it has come off its track you may be able to lift it back on (please do not lift the gate if it is to large or heavy we suggest waiting for our technicians).
- Some sliding gates are located in garden areas where garden debris, rocks etc can build up on the gate track. Ensure the track is clear of any debris as your sliding gate will stop operating if it senses an obstruction which can be caused by a build up of debris.
- If you have a swing gate that is hitting the ground it is more than likely the hinges have collapsed, this will require our technicians on site to replace your hinges and restore to proper order. In this case place your system onto manual using your manual release key and push the gates into the open position.
- With all Automatic Gate System whether they stop working due to a power black out or system break down it is important to only push the gate open once it has had the motor released using the manual release key, forcing the gate system without using a manual release key will damage the automation system.